Review of Katipura Village in Baghpat district:
“It is quite close to Yamuna river and Haryana border, still we have problem of drinking water. Baghpat was represented by Chaudhary Charan Singh, 5th Prime Minister of India”
Review by Gunjan
Image Source : UP Punjab Kesari (Oil reserves found in Kirthal, Baghpat)
How to Reach Katipura:
- “The village is right on Saharanpur-Delhi highway, and also close to Meerut Road. It is about 25 km from Bagpat city centre and falls under NCR”
- Closest Railway Station is in Bagpat Road, Tatiri Bazar (6.7 km)
- Private Car/bus from Sonipat (28 km) in Haryana or Meerut (50 km) in Uttar Pradesh
- Katipura can be accessed via NH 57 or NH 14 or Eastern Peripheral Expressway
- Nearest major Airport is in New Delhi (55 km)
- Close to Yamuna Side River Park (1.8 km) and has few famous temples and mosques nearby. River Yamuna flows quite close to the village, about 2 km.
- Places to Stay – SPOT ON Hotel Rajmahal (INR 550) at 18 km, OYO Park Plaza (INR 800) at 25 km, Fairvacanze Inn & Suites (INR 2,000), Ethnic India Tourist Resort (INR 1,600) at 24 km, The Royal Regency eatery (1.1 km)
Quality of Infrastructure:
Overall Rating – 2/3
Review of Katipura Village:
“Katipura in Baghpat, despite being close to Delhi, and being inside Delhi NCR it is less developed.
Due to neglect from leaders and politics, it is quite behind in infrastructure. Only saviour is access through highway.
It is quite close to Yamuna river and Haryana border, still we have problem of drinking water.
Sugarcane is a major crop grown in this village.
Most youth however prefer staying in Noida Delhi or Ghaziabad. I myself stay in Delhi for last 20 years but visit family members in village.“
Local Feedback brings discounts for Online shopping. Click on the banners below to avail discounts: