Review of Bhotwara Village in Karauli district:
“Our village is very close to Shree Mahavir ji Jain temple. We get a lot of tourists round the year”
Review by Jamal
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 95.24%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 month
Time of Visit – 2022
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Cover Image: Shri Mahavir ji Jain Temple (Source: Google Photos by Sudhanshu Jain)
How to reach Bhotwara Village:
- “Just 4 hours from Delhi. Close to Jaipur. Ours is a famous village near Shree Mahavir ji Temple”.
- The village is located in Todabhim tehsil of Karauli district in Rajasthan, India. It falls under Bharatpur division.
- Bhotwara is 35 km away from district headquarter Karauli.
- Bhotwara village is located some 15 km off Gangapur City Marg (State highway #25). One can reach via Nadoti-Barh villages through the approach road which leads to Shree Mahavir ji Temple.
- If coming from Bharatpur-Hindaun-Gangapur Highway (SH #1), the approach road starts near Kheda. This highway is also in proximity of the village at 24 km.
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from the district HQ of Karauli (50 km)
- Karauli Bus stand Bus Station is located 45 km away near National Highway #23
- The closest Railway Station is Hindaun City (30 km), while Shree Mahavir Ji station on Western Railway is only 20 km by road.
- Nearest major Airport is in the state capital of Jaipur (137 km), located in the Sanganer suburb of the city.
- Utangan River, also known as “Gambhir”, flows about 15 km east of Bhotwara
Places of Interest near Bhotwara in Karauli
- Shree Mahavir ji (Digambar Jain) Temple is located on the banks of River Gambhir (Utangan). It is 9.5 km from Bhotwara, in Banwaripur, near Norangabad. An ancient idol of Jain Tirthankar Lord Vardhaman Mahavir was excavated 200 years ago in the area, formerly known as Chandanpur. The temple is visited by thousands of tourists and pilgrims every year. It also provides a 40-bed maternity hospital for the villagers nearby.
- Karauli district is known as “The Land of Red Sandstone”. It has several places of tourist and religious importance. Kaila Devi Temple (42 km from Bhotwara), Shri Madan Mohan ji Temple (41.3 km) and Karauli City Palace (42 km)
- Kaila Devi Wildlife Sanctuary, Ranthambore National Park, Sariska Tiger Reserve are within 70-120 km from Bhotwara Village
- Shri BAba Bhairoji Temple is located inside the village precints itself
- Other interesting cities one can travel to from Bhotwara village are Jaipur city (125 km), Mehandipur Balaji Temple (32 km), Bharatpur (105 km), Sawai Madhopur (110 km) and Alwar (115 km)
Places to Stay near Bhotwara
- There are several Dharamshalas and hotels in Banwaripur where Shree Mahavir ji temple is located.
- Hotel Vedantasara (30 km) and Shri Balaji RK (35 km) are few reasonably priced hotels in Mehandipur near Bhotwara village
- Hotel Siddharth Resort in Danalpur of Toda Bhim tehsil is one of the nearest hotels (8 km)
- Hotels in Karauli include Bhanwar Vilas Palace (38 km), Hotel Shri Gopal (37 km)
- Some of the hotels in Hindaun city are Sunny Resort (22 km)
Quality of Infrastructure in Bhotwara Village:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 3/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Bhotwara Village:
“We grow kabuli chana, bajra, wheat. Sarso during winter. All farms have submersible pump and we stay on relatively flat terrain. So it’s easier to do farming.
We have sufficient rain during the year, unlike other parts of Rajasthan. We also have the Utangan river nearby, so there is no problem of irrigation.
My extended family works in the village farm, while I visit 2-3 times a year with my wife and kids.
We don’t have any problem of school or electricity. Few colleges are also there nearby. Mahavir temple has its own small hospital for mothers and babies.
Many tourists also visit our village from Jaipur, and all parts of India, to see the temple.”