Review of Phoolpur Village in Varanasi district:
“Famous for textiles, the silk saree industry has been revived in our village”
Review by Vinod Kumar
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 85.71%
Duration of Stay – Permanent resident
Time of Visit – Long Term stay
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Image Source : PassionPassportcom (Weavers community in Lallapura, Varanasi)
Note: Phoolpur in Varanasi is different from villages of the same name in Azamgarh and Allahabad/Prayagraj Districts
How to Reach Phoolpur Village:
- “Phoolpur village is 30 km from Varanasi. It is a part of Pindra Tehsil in Uttar Pradesh“
- Phoolpur is connected to Varanasi (33 km) by National Highway 31. Accessed through Belwal-Phulpur Road
- Apart from Varanasi, Phoolpur can also be reached via nearby cities of Jaunpur (30 km), Mirzapur (80 km), Ghazipur (100 km) through cabs, private cars or buses
- Phoopur village can be reached via either Khalispur Railway station (~3 km) or Pindra Road Railway station (~7 km). Varanasi junction is 31 km away.
- Lal Bahadur Shastri International Airport in Varanasi (10 km), on the outskirts of the city, is the nearest Airport
Places of Interest near Phoolpur Village
- Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple in Varanasi is dedicated to Lord Shiva, and is about 33 km from Phoolpur. The temple stands on the western bank of the holy river Ganga. It is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas, the holiest of Shiva temples.
- Ganga Ghat are the riverfront steps leading to the banks of the river Ganga. Most of the “ghats” are bathing and prayer ceremony ghats, while two ghats are used exclusively as cremation sites. Morning boat ride on the Ganges across the ghats is a popular visitors attraction.
- About 35 km from Phoolpur, Sarnath is one of the most revered Buddhist pilgrimage centers. It is believed that after attaining the Enlightenment at Bodh Gaya, Lord Buddha preached his first sermon here, sanctified as Maha Dharm Chakra Parivartan.
Places to Stay near Phoolpur Village
- Sanjay Motels Pvt Ltd (INR 1,700) at 12 km near IOCL on NH-31
- OYO Maharaja Hotel (INR 3,000) at 2 km on Varanasi-Lucknow Highway
- Deatils of all hotels, lodges and home stays around Phoolpur in Pindra Tehsil can be found here
Quality of Infrastructure:
Access from Main Highway – 2/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Phoolpur Village:
“In the last few years, the silk saree industry has been revived in our village.
Phoolpur is famous for textiles, as it is close to Varanasi.
In our village, we also grow wheat, rice and sugarcane.“