Review of Ferozepur Jhirka Village in Nuh district:
“Part of Mewat region, our village is close to Rajasthan border and is quite good“
Review by Naveen
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 90.47%
Duration of Stay – Permanent resident
Time of Visit – Long Term stay
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Image Source : Google Photos by Mukul Jatav (Pandav Kaalin Shiv Mandir in Jhir, near Ferozepur Jhirka village)
Note: Ferozepur Jhirka Village is part of the Tehsil/Block which shares the same name, and is in Nuh District of Haryana
How to Reach Ferozepur Jhirka Village:
- “Ferozepur Jhirka village is about 80 km south of Gurgaon. It is located in Nuh District in Haryana and lies in Mewat region”
- Close to Rajasthan border, it falls on NH 248A and is ~340 km by road to Chandigarh (Capital of Haryana). North of the Tehsil town is the rural area of Ferozepur Jhirka
- The village is 110 km from ISBT (Inter State Bus Terminal), New Delhi and has a bus stand right on National Highway 248A, which passes through the village and tehsil
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Rewari (65 km ) or Palwal (70 km) in Haryana as well
- The nearest railway station is in Palwal (72 km). One can also reach Ferozpur from Gurgaon Railway Station (85 km)
- Indira Gandhi International Airport in New Delhi (98 km) is the nearest Airport
Places of Interest near Ferozepur Jhirka Village
- The Jama Masjid at Ferozpur Jhirka is known for its unique architectural style. Other mosques around the village and tehsil include Badi Masjid, Umme Abdullah Masjid and Aqsa Mosque
- Nalhar Shiv Mandir is located around 40km from Ferozpur Jhirka at Gehbar in the foothills of the Aravallis. Shiva temple forms the starting point of a challenging trek to a reservoir at the top that has water all throughout the year. It is also believed that the Pandavas stayed there and drank this water during their 14-year exile.
- Kotla Fort was once the capital of Nuh during Mewat reign. The fort is at the Aravali foothills, at 30 km from Ferozepur Jhirka, and has a scenic view. The adjacent Kotla village also houses a mosque and the tomb of of Bahadur Khan Nahar, a former Khanzada ruler of Mewat
Places to Stay near Ferozepur Jhirka Village
- OYO Pushpraj Hotel (INR 900) at 45 km in Alwar
- Treehouse Hotel Club and Spa (INR 2,500) at 58 km in Bhiwadi
- Tijara Fort Palace (INR 6,700) at 25 km near Alwar
- Details of other lodges, hotels and home stays around Ferozepur Jhirka can be found here
Quality of Infrastructure:
Access from Main Highway – 2/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Ferozepur Jhirka Village:
“Part of Mewat region in Haryana, our village is close to Rajasthan border. We speak Mewati language here.
Ferozepur Jhirka is quite a good village. We are known for cattle herding.
We also have the famous Jhir temple.
Onion, wheat we grow as crops.
Electricity and water are good. We have good schools.”