Jangpura, New Delhi, India – 90.19%
Review of Jangpura in New Delhi
“Jangpura boasts of a monastery, temple, church, mosque and gurudwara all within 10-minutes walking distance of each other. The resident population is also fairly varied, with Indians as well as foreigners. A neighbourhood feel, yet suitable for a ‘millennial’ way of living”
Review by Vaneesha
Quality of Infrastructure:
Overall Rating – 3/3
What needs fixing at Jangpura:
- Well, nothing serious!
Other Facilities Ratings:
- Where to Stay – Don’t live too close to the Bhogal market, as it can be noisy. Blocks D, I, K, O are good.
Resident’s Review of Jangpura:
“Five stars! I lived in Jangpura between 2016 and 2018, and would highly recommend it as a safe, friendly and colourful neighbourhood.
The things I like best about it are:
1. The diversity – The neighbourhood boasts of a monastery, temple, church, mosque and gurudwara all within 10-minutes walking distance of each other. The resident population is also fairly varied, with Indians as well as foreigners from all over renting accommodation here. Given the prominence of lawyers and journalists in the neighbourhood, it is culturally quite progressive, and generally safe to walk around in at all times.
2. Several ‘blocks’ are quiet residential areas, yet the bustling ‘Bhogal’ market is within walking distance, and makes it easy to purchase any and all household items at reasonable price.
3. One can see the older generation co-exist with the younger generation, enjoying a social life within the neighbourhood. This is getting rarer in the modern world, and something I think Jangpura should be proud of.
4. There is a ‘neighbourhood feel’ to Jangpura, where people tend to know their neighbours and the regular staff, and the lack of anonymity lends an additional feeling of belonging and safety, as it did in the olden times. At the same time, the neighbours are not nosy or gossipy, and the neighbourhood is suitable for a ‘millennial’ way of life.”
Leave a Reply