Review of Behat Village near Jhanjharpur in Madhubani district:
“We get electricity close to 20 hrs a day in the village. Crops like wheat, rice, pulses, etc are grown. Most houses are pukka.”
Review by Santosh
Image Source : Google Maps (Satellite map of Behat (North) Village in Bihar)
How to Reach Behat Village:
- “The village is part of Lakhnaur tehsil in Madhubani district of Bihar, Located about 5 km from Jhanjharpur”
- Closest Railway Station is in Jhanjharpur (5 km), and in Madhubani (31 km)
- Private Car/bus from Jhanjharpur (5 km) can be availed
- Behat Village can be accessed via NH-7 (Durgasthan Road) and through Madhubani-Pandaul-Sakri Road
- Nearest major Airport is in Patna (190 km) and an upcoming one at Darbhanga (53 km) which is part of UDAN scheme
- Behat village is close to Kamla River, about 1.5 km away
- Places to Stay – OYO Hotel Radha Krishna Inn (INR 900) at 40 km in Darbhanga, Jha Mithila Hotel and Vidyapati Rest House in Jhanjharpur, Hotel Madhuyamini Inn in Madhubani (INR 1,500/-) at 31.5 km
Quality of Infrastructure:
Overall Rating – 3/3
Note: In July 2020, severe flood alert warning was observed in Behat
Review of Behat Village:
“We get electricity close to 20 hrs a day in the village. For water, people use motorized handpumps. Because ground water is quite sweet and pure.
My village is very close to the market place. We have even colleges in Jhanjharpur. Few small clinics and doctors. For more serious ailments we go to Madhubani or Darbhanga.
Although agriculture is good, we have less scope for employment in other areas. Crops like wheat, rice, pulses, etc are grown.
Most houses in Behat are pukka. With liquor ban, people have stopped wasting money. However more employment is needed (to keep them engaged and productive).“