Review of Tatiri Village in Baghpat district:
“A good village near Meerut in UP. About 4 km from Baghpat city centre”
Baghpat city, founded by the Pandava brothers of Mahabharata, was originally known as “Vyaaghraprastha” (Sanskrit: व्याघ्रप्रस्थ, lit. “tiger city”) because of the population of tigers found many centuries ago. The city was eventually named Baghpat (Vyaaghra –> Bagh; Prastha –> Pat) during the Mughal Era.
Review by Ramesh
Overall Rating – 2/3
Overall Score – 76.19%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 month
Time of Visit – 2018
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Image Source : Google Maps (Tatiri Village with Access from Eastern Peripheral Expressway)
How to Reach Tatiri Village:
- “The village is part of Meerut Division, in Baghpat district. Tatiri Police station is nearby”
- The closest railway stations are Baghpat Road Railway Station – Aggarwal Mandi (2 km) and Ahera Railway Station (4 km). Major station is Delhi Shahdara Junction (40 km)
- Private Car/Cab or Buses from Sonipat (27 km), Delhi (40 km), Meerut (52 km), Ghaziabad (55 km) to reach the village
- Tatiri can be accessed via NH-334B (Meerut Road) which branches off from SH-57 (Delhi-Sahranpur).
- “Eastern Peripheral Expressway”, along the northern border of Delhi, is just 11 km from Tatiri. Baghpat will also soon be connected to cities like Dehradun as part of a newly approved NHAI project
- Nearest major Airport is in New Delhi (80 km)
Places of Interest near Tatiri
- The village is home to and surrounded by many new as well as ancient Shiv temples including Brahman Putthi Shiv Mandir, Gufa Waale Baba ka Mandir and Pura Maha Dev (20 km)
- Being Close to the Haryana-UP border, visitors to Tatiri can also visit the banks of Yamuna river, which is just a 20-minute ride away
- Trilok Teerth Dham is a Jain temple in Bada Gaon (around 16 km from Tatiri). On top of the temple there is a 31 feet tall statue of Rishabhdev made up of Ashtadhatu (8 metals) in ‘padmasan’ posture. This temple is built in shape of Jain Emblem and a popular spiritual and meditation center.
- Raksha Hospital and Sarvodaya Hospital are within 5 km from Tatiri Village
- Ch. Shiv Charan Singh Degree College and Sardar Patel Inter College are located at just 1-2 km
Places to Stay near Tatiri Village
- OYO Spot on Satyam Guest House (INR 800) at 4.2 km in Baghpat
- Mahi Guest House (INR 1250) at 5 km in Baghpat
Quality of Infrastructure:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 2/3
Water Supply – 2/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 2/3
Review of Tatiri Village:
“Tatiri is a good village very close to Baghpat city centre.
There is a nagar panchayat in our village area.
We have good access to vegetable mandi, highway, hospital and colleges. But few schools.“