Review of Belpar Village in Gorakhpur district:
“The soil of Belpar village near the river is very fertile. But there is a lack of healthcare and education infrastructure“
Review by Vaishali
Overall Rating – 2/3
Overall Score – 61.90%
Duration of Stay – Short Visit (Less than 1 week)
Time of Visit – 2019
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Image Source : Reviewer Vaishali (Belpar village on the banks of Saryu / Lower Ghaghara river)
Note: Belpar village in Gola block of Gorakhpur is different from Belpar in Uruwa Block and Belpar in Deoria district
How to Reach Belpar Village:
- “Belpar village is about 15 km south of Gola, the block and tehsil town. It is located on the banks of Saryu River in Gorakhpur District of Uttar Pradesh“
- Belpar can be accessed via National Highway 72 while travelling from Gorakhpur, or via NH-66 and State Highway 24 while coming from Azamgarh
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Gorakhpur (65 km) or Azamgarh (55 km) in UP
- The nearest major railway station is Gorakhpur Junction, about 67 km from Belpar, and in Azamgarh (63 km). Deoria Sadar is 57 km away
- Gorakhpur Airport (72 km) is the nearest domestic Airport
Places of Interest near Belpar Village
- The Deeg Fort, located at an elevated point only 1.5 km from the village, was built by Maharaja Suraj Mal in 17
- Kushmi forest, 70 km from Belpar Village is located on the outskirts of Gorakhpur
- Kushinagar, a town where Lord Buddha is believed to have attained Parinirvana, is 85 km from Belpar.
- Salona Taal lake and Azmatgarh fort in Azamgarh are 35 km from the village
- There are several mango groves, gardens, public parks and orchards in the vicinity.
Places to Stay near Belpar Village
- Rahi Tourist Bungalow (INR 2,000), a UP Tourism accommodation facility at 18 km on Mau-Gorakhpur Road, Gontha
- OYO Hotel Geetanjali (INR 1,800) at 65 km in Gorakhpur
- OYO Sada Shiv Guest House (INR 1,500) at 67 km in Gorakhpur
- Hotel Royal Yatrinewas (INR 2,000) at 11 km on Bypass Road in Barhalganj
Quality of Infrastructure:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 3/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 2/3
Water Supply – 2/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Belpar Village:
“Belpar is a tiny picturesque Village on the banks of the river Saryu.
It falls under Gola tehsil with a population of less than 500.
It can be reached by taking a 2 hour long detour from the Ram-Janki Marg which is set to become part of the tourist circuit around the temple city of Ayodhya.
The soil of Belpar is very fertile new alluvium. Wheat, rice, vegetables and cash crops are all grown here but lack of basic healthcare and education is the main reason for population efflux.
Water infrastructure is not in place and all village houses have their own boring systems which draw water directly from the ground.”