Bardod Village, Rajasthan, India – 80.95%
Review of Bardod Village in Alwar district:
“A good village, just 15 kms from Neemrana fort palace”
Review by Sunil
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 80.95%
Duration of Stay – Permanent Resident
Time of Visit – 2022
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Cover Image: Landscape in Bardod Village (Source: Jayanta Ghosh)
How to Reach Bardod Village:
- “Our village is just 50-60 km from Alwar and very near to Neemrana”.
- Bardod is located in Behror Tehsil of Alwar district in Rajasthan, India. It is situated 9km away from sub-district headquarter Behror (tehsildar office).
- It is 50 km away from district headquarter Alwar. Bardod, sometimes also called Barrod (which is a separate village too), is also the gram panchayat of the same village
- Bardod has excellent connectivity, as it located just off the State Highway #14 which connects Alwar to Behror
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Behror (7 km), the district HQ of Alwar (50 km)
- There is a bus-stand 8 km away in Behror, which is situated on National Highway #48. This is the Delhi-Ajmer Expressway which provides direct access to major cities like Gurgaon, Delhi.
- The area around Bardod is surrounded by Haryana border. The closest major Railway Station is Narnaul Station (23 km) in Haryana, while Alwar Junction is 50 km away.
- Nearest major Airport is in Jaipur (150 km).
Places of Interest near Bardod in Alwar
- Purjan Vihar in Alwar is located 40 km from Bardod. Built in 1868 by Maharaja Sheodan Singh, Purjan Vihar is a picturesque garden and summer house. Forerly known as Company Garden, it is also a well-known picnic spot.
- The historical Neemrana town is 15 km from Bardod. It is a popular tourist destination mainly due to the 15th century hill fort in Neemrana. The town is also an industrial hub.
- Taseeng Fort Palace (15 km) and Taseen Baori are other historical sites closeby.
- For nature enthusiasts, Bardod village has convenient access to Talvriksh Hot Spring (60 km), Nandeshwar Shrine (70 km) and Sariska Tiger Reserve (80 km). Garbhaji Waterfalls are 60 km away.
- Viratnagar and Pandupole are popular religious sites associated with Mahabharat. Jeelani Mata Mandir and Mansa Devi Mandir in Behror are also famous temples, which are more than 500 years old.
- Behror is an industrial hub since 1990s under RIICO, and is known for wholesale trading of goods.
- Other tourist sites located within 50-60 km of Bardod include Vijay Mandir City Palace, Tomb of Fateh Jung, Kesroli Fort, Bala Fort and Alwar City Palace (Vinay Vilas).
Places to Stay near Bardod
- Most of the accommodation sites are located in Behror, or along SH-14 and NH-8
- Neemrana Fort Palace is a famous heritage resort just 15 km (radially) from Bardod.
- Other options for stay in Behror include Hotel Highway King, Adhunik Hotel, and Royal Orbit
Quality of Infrastructure in Bardod Village:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 2/3
Water Supply – 2/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Bardod Village:
“Our village is one of the best. Close to Neemrana and highway. We have excellent private and government schools also.
We have many colleges nearby like NIIT, Raffles University, School of Aeronautics and Cambay Hospitality.
Have never faced any shortage of water or electricity. Due to industries, we can find job opportunity in village itself.”
Leave a Reply