Review of Dehli Village in Sultanpur district:
“My village in Awadh region is famous for its Dehli Bazar and mandi. We have excellent access from Purvanchal highway”
Review by Kandpal
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 90.48%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 month
Time of Visit – 2022
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Cover Image: Location of Dehli along Purvanchal Expressway (Source: Google Maps)
How to Reach Dehli Village:
- “My village is right on Purvanchal highway, and we have a huge market”.
- The village is located in Sultanpur tehsil of Sultanpur district in Uttar Pradesh, India. It is 10 km away from Dhanpatganj Block office.
- It is 40 km away from district headquarter Sultanpur.
- Dehli has excellent connectivity, as it located right on Purvanchal Expressway. Purvanchal Expressway is a 6-lane wide highway traversing a distance of 340 km between Lucknow and Ghazipur, across Uttar Pradesh. It is India’s longest expressway.
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Dhanpatganj (10 km), and the district HQ of Sultanpur (40 km)
- Sultanpur Bus Station is located 35 km away on the outskirts of the city.
- The closest major Railway Station is Sultanpur Junction (38 km). Phulpur and Kurebhar are other smaller stations close to Dehli.
- Nearest Airport is in the state capital of Lucknow (130 km). Allahabad Prayagraj airport is about 200 km.
- Gomti River flows about 15 km south of Dehli, while Ghaghra (Saryu) river is 40 km northwards.
Places of Interest near Dehli in Sultanpur
- Dehli Bazar is a famous mandi for trading of vegetables, grains and handicrafts in the Terai belt
- Sultanpur district is famous for its poets and lyricists (Majrooh Sultanpuri Udyaan Garden) and also has Paryavaran Park
- In olden days, Sultanpur was known as “Kushapura”, named after the son of Lord Shri Ram. The town was identified by Archaeologist General Cunningham and has also been referred to by Hiuen Tsang
- Mahmoodpur near Dehli is an ancient site where Lord Buddha taught for 6 months. It has Buddhist remains and a dilapidated Ashoka Pillar.
- Other interesting places one can explore in the Sultanpur district are Parijaat Vriksh (35 km), Dhopap Temple in Lambhua (55 km) and Ayodhya (55 km).
Places to Stay near Dehli
- Accommodation can be availed in lodges and guesthouses along Purvanchal Expressway
- Raj Hotel and Garden View are few reasonably priced hotels located in Sultanpur city
Quality of Infrastructure in Dehli Village:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Dehli Village:
“Dehli is very close to Sultanpur and right on the Purvanchal highway.
Huge mandi for sale of vegetables is in our village itself. Dehli mandi is quite famous with all locals.
All our basic needs are sufficient. Even school and college are in the village itself. We have a PG college and Harsh hospital”