Maduwa Village, Uttarakhand, India – 80.95%
Review of Maduwa Village in Champawat district:
“We have a thriving farming scene, particularly growing healthy red Himalayan rice varieties”
Review by Anuj
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 80.95%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 week
Time of Visit – Long Term
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral Place
Cover Image: Botanical Tea Garden in Champawat (Source: Chandrasekhar Sonar)
How to reach Maduwa Village:
- “Part of Kumaon region, Maduwa is located quite close to Kali river and is also near the Nepal border”.
- The village is located in Lohaghat tehsil of Champawat district in Uttarakhand, India. Maduwa village is a Gram Panchayat as well.
- Maduwa is 45 km away from district headquarter Champawat. Previously Champawat was a part of Almora, and was constituted as a separate district in 1997.
- The village is located remotely a few meters off Pulla Road. This is connected to National Highway – 9, which further leads to Champawat city.
- The terrain is hilly, though not on a very high altitude.
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Champawat (45 km) or Lohaghat (32 km).
- The closest Railway Station is Tanakpur (122 km), while Kathgodam Railway Station is 220 km by road.
- Nearest major Airport is Dehradun (450 km) Jolly Grant Airport. Pantnagar airport is 215 km from Maduwa village
Places of Interest in Maduwa and Champawat
- Baleshwar Temple (47 km) built in 1390 AD; Aditya Temple (100 km) built by Chand Dynasty and dedicated to Sun God, are religious places which can be reached easily from Maduwa village
- Banasur ka Kila or Banasur Fort (48 km) is a famous tourist spot where people trek to watch sunsets.
- Lohaghat, founded in 700 AD by Katyuri kings, remained under Kingdom of Kumaon till 1790 AD. Abbott Mount (40 km from Maduwa) in Lohaghat Range is a hill with views of Nanda Devi peak. It also has a cricket pitch at 7,000 feet, second highest in India after Chail in Himachal Pradesh.
- Advait Ashram in Mayavati (44 km) is a well-known spiritual center. Swami Vivekanand shifted the publication of “Prabudhh Bharat” from Madras to Mayavati Ashram in 1898.
- Botanical Tea Gardens in Champawat (48 km) produces full leaf organic black tea. Visitors can see the tea estate which spreads over 472 acres and is managed by Uttarakhand Tea Development Board.
- Other popular places near Maduwa Village are Vivekanand Ashram in Shyamla tal (105 km), Purnagiri (130 km), Gwal Devta, Pancheshwar (50 km) and Gurudwara Reetha Sahib (53 km).
- Government Inter college, Dashlekh and Government Ayurvedic Hospital at Dungrabora are in the immediate vicinity of Maduwa village.
Places to Stay near Maduwa
- Dhauni Homestay in Pancheshwar (53 km), is located at the confluence of Saryu and Kali Rivers
- Hotel Cedar Valley (38 km) in Champawat can be accessed via Pancheshwar Road
- Abbott Mount Cottage (42 km) is a tourist rest house in Lohaghat
Quality of Infrastructure in Maduwa Village:
Access from Main Highway – 2/3
Presence of School – 2/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 2/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
Review of Maduwa Village:
“We grow red Himalayan rice in Maduwa. Our village is located some 350 kilometers from Joshimath.
Champawat district head quarter is about 45 km from Maduwa. Earlier Maduwa was part of Almora and Pithoragarh. But later on Champawat became a separate district.
We are rich in agriculture, but have few other employment prospects. Hence, youth prefer to move out in search of work, while sending money home to support family.“
I really like your writing style..Its so easily understandable. You can visit my blog at https://garminexpress.global and then maybe you can share your thought about mine.
Thanks, but i was unable to visit your blog. Site address is giving an error