Marienplatz in Munich
“This is the heart of the ‘city with a heart’! You get an overpowering feeling of joy after stepping out into the plaza in front of the beautiful Rathaus.”
Review by Susmita
Quality of Infrastructure:
Overall Rating – 3/3
- Guided Tours
- Cultural Immersion
- Shopping, Food, Churches
Places to Shop:
- Clothes/Super Stores – Galeria Kaufhof, C&A, H&M, Hirmer, Ludwig Beck (clothes)
- Food – Viktualienmarkt, Dallmayr – the 300+ yrs old gourmet store – their coffee is best, try restaurant upstairs!
Places to Eat:
- Cafe Rischart, Ratskeller;
- Hawkers during Christmas markets
- Tal road has many restaurants
Places to Stay:
- Marienplatz by itself is too expensive for stay! Better to opt for Isartor, Lehel or Rosenheimer Platz which are connected to Marienplatz by U-Bahn/S-Bahn/Tram.
- There are some cool hostels near Hauptbahnhof too
“This is the heart of the city with a heart! You get an overpowering feeling of joy after stepping out into the plaza in front of the beautiful Rathaus. The fish fountain, Glockenspiel are major sights. Just walking through the cobbled streets and window shopping are a delight in itself.
Check out the Frauenkirsche if you like to see a very ‘minimalistic’ yet majestic church. Hofbrauhaus is a short walk from here. The best part is Marienplatz has something for everyone in every budget!”