Review of Siwani Village in Bhiwani district:
“Last 5 years have seen the maximum development in our village. Youth are more interested in taking up government jobs these days”
Review by Sunil
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 95.24%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 week
Time of Visit – 2023
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral place
Cover Image: Bus stand in Siwani Mandi (Source: Mapio.net Archive)
How to reach Siwani Village:
- “Located right next to State Highway 19. National highway 52 is 4.5 km away”.
- Siwani (rural) village is located in Siwani tehsil of Bhiwani district in Haryana, India.
- Siwani is 55 km from district headquarter Bhiwani. Rajasthan border is only 12-13 km away.
- The village is about 1 km off State Highway #19. Siwani (urban) is located at the junction of Hisar-Rajgarh Road and State Highway #19. It is 3.5 km from the village Siwani and guarantees good connectivity to all parts of Haryana.
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Tosham Mod Siwani bus stand. It is located on NH 52 and is 4.5 km from Siwani (rural).
- The closest Railway Station is Siwani (5 km) town itself, while Alwar junction is 44 km by road.
- Nearest major Airport is Maharaja Agrasen International Airport in Hisar (45 km) while Bhiwani air strip is located 63 km away.
Places of Interest in Siwani and Bhiwani district
- Jogi Wala Mandir in Bhiwani city (57 km) is a popular temple dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is visited by many tourists on the day of Mahashivratri.
- Khaki Baba Temple is 80 from the village. It is dedicated to Sant Khaki Baba of Bhiwani, who was a devotee of Lord Ram.
- Star Monument in Dinod (47 km) is a memorial dedicated to 5th Radha Swami Guru. It is an 88 feet tall monument without pillars.
- Loharu Fort (60 km) founded in 1570 CE by Shekhwati rulers, and Dada Chandan Sidh Dham in Chandwas (70 km) are places of historical importance.
- Siwani Mandi on the outskirts is a well-known grain market in Haryana.
- Other places of interest around Siwani include Jasnath Mandir (20 km) and Mata Mandir Devsar Dham (11 km) dedicated to Rani Sati Dadi.
Places to Stay near Siwani
- Siwani itself lacks access to accommodation. But some budget hotels can be found in Sadulpur (40 km) like Vinay Plaza, Gulab Palace, etc.
- Other hotels are located in either Hisar or Bhiwani. Few well-known ones are Hotel Royal Palm Resort (33 km), Anshul Guest House in Riwali (28 km)
Quality of Infrastructure in Siwani Village:
Access from Main Highway – 3/3
Presence of School – 3/3
Healthcare Facilities – 2/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
The quality of schools, both private and government, is fairly decent – GD Goenka Global School, Nav Bharat Senior Secondary School, Holy Senior Sec. School.
There are a good number of private hospitals in Siwani urban, such as SK Multispecialty, Sindhu hospital, Arya Hospital, Sanjivani Hospital. All are located 4-7 kms from the village.
Colleges like Krishna Vidyapeeth of Management and Technology, Govt. ITI Khera and Venkateshwar College of Education are located nearby.
Review of Siwani Village:
“We grow cotton, and food crops like bajra, wheat, sarso, depending on the season.
Last 5 years have seen most development around the village. Especially roads and electricity.
Government schools inside the village are also good where kids can study easily We also have many private schools and hospitals.
Arvind Kejriwal’s village Khera is merely 5 km from our village.
Government recruitments have become more fair and transparent and youth are interested in jobs.”