Kirada Village, Haryana, India – 85.71%
Review of Kirada Village in Hisar district:
“We primarily grow cotton and wheat. We get subsidized solar water pumps from the government scheme.”
Review by Ajay
Overall Rating – 3/3
Overall Score – 85.71%
Duration of Stay – Less than 1 week
Time of Visit – 2023
Purpose of Visit – Ancestral place
Cover Image: Route Map from Hisar to Kirada (Source: Google Maps)
How to reach Kirada Village:
- “Situated 3 km from State Highway #10 or Agroha Road”.
- Kirada village is located in Agroha tehsil of Hisar district in Haryana, India.
- It is is 37 km from district headquarter Hisar. Baland village is also a gram panchayat.
- The village is about 3 km off State Highway #10, also known as Rohtak-Jhajjar Road. It is connected to the highway via Kirori village.
- National Highway #52 runs 7 km south east of Kirada. It can be accessed through Kheri Barki and Behbalpur villages en route.
- One can avail cabs/private cars and buses from Malik Chowk Bus Stand in Hisar, about 33 km away. There is a small bus stop in Kirada which is opposite Roy Dhaba.
- The closest Railway Stations are in Bugana (11 km), Dhansu (16 km) and Barwala (15 km), while Hisar Junction is 25 km away.
- Nearest major Airport is Shaheed Bhagat Singh International Airport in Chandigarh (225 km) while Hisar Airport is located 24 km away.
Places of Interest in Kirada and Hisar district
- Religious places of interest in Kirada include Maai Rani Mandir, Shiv Mandir, Balaji Mandir and Dadi Gori Mandir. Goga Medi Temple is located on the banks of a pond (taalab) on the outer precincts.
- There are several farmhouses around Kirada
- Village Narnaund is 51 km from Kirada and is also in Hisar district. Radha Soami Satsang in Shamsukh is only a couple of kilometers from the village.
- In and around the town of Hisar, we can visit famous sites like Jahaj Kothi Museum (23 km) and Agroha or Ther Mound. Agroha ancient mound, which has antiquities from 3-4 Century, is only 18 km from Kirada village, on Sirsa-Hisar Road.
- Hisar district also has several places of tourist interest including Gujri Mahal (29 km) and OP Jindal Park (37 km)
Places to Stay near Kirada
- Kirada lacks access to accommodation facilities. But some budget hotels such as The Kainaat (17 km), Hotel Taj in Barwala (17 km) can be found in nearby towns.
- Other hotels are located around Hisar and Hansi. Few well-known ones are Hotel Welcome Heritage Sheikhpura (43 km), Hotel Midtown Grand in Hisar (30 km)
Quality of Infrastructure in Kirada Village:
Access from Main Highway – 2/3
Presence of School – 3/3
Healthcare Facilities – 1/3
Electricity – 3/3
Water Supply – 3/3
Mobile Network – 3/3
Overall Rating – 3/3
There are few government and some private schools in Kirada – Bal Vatika Public School, Nav Jyoti High School,
There is no primary health center inside Kirada. But nearby villages has hospitals and clinics – Shri Shyam Eye hospital ()
Manav Institute of Technology and Management is located 5 km away in Jevra. GJ University in Hisar is 22 km from the village. World-renowned Haryana Agricultural University is 33 km away.
Review of Kirada Village:
“Kirada is located few kms off the state and national highways. We grow wheat, cotton and all vegetables here. In the spring season, we prepare for harvest of wheat that would take place in April.
We also grow cauliflower and chilly during February-March.
Our village is well irrigated with tube-wells and submersible pumps. Even solar powered water pumps have been introduced by the “Modi Scheme” in which we get subsidies.
We have steady supply of electricity so it’s also easy to operate pumps.
Job opportunities are there but we don’t have good pay here. A regular factory job would pay up to Rs. 9,000/- per month, which is ok if we stay with parents but not enough to sustain a family.
Chaudhary Charan Singh Agricultural university is the most famous university near Hisar… even foreign students come to study here. More famous than GJU also.“
Leave a Reply